As club secretary you help your club run smoothly and effectively. You also monitor club trends to help identify strengths and areas for improvement, and share this information with club and district leaders.
What you do
- Prepare and submit semiannual report: Rotary International emails the report packet, which contains a membership list and a dues invoice, to your club in early July and early January. Work with your president and treasurer to prepare and submit the report. In addition to the emailed version, RI sends the report packet by mail. Save paper by opting out of the paper version.
- Maintain membership records
- Record attendance at meetings and report as necessary
- Maintain minutes of club, board, and committee meetings
- Work with incoming secretary to ensure smooth transition