- Rotary Volunteers for International projects, in the promotion of educational, health and cultural facilities for under-privileged peoples.
- Promoting findraising activities for specific World Community Service Projects, including applications for Rotary Foundation Grants.
- If you have a project in mind or would like to have an overseas Club Project and need help, then talk to your RAWCS Committee and find out how to make the costs tax deductible
RAWCS is guided by the Fourth Avenue of Service; namely, to encourage and foster the advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
To encourage and foster the advancement of international goodwill, peace and understanding through meaningful World Community Service projects with the active participation of Australian Rotarians and Rotary Clubs.
Rotary Australia World Community Service Limited, (RAWCS) is a World Community Service Activity administered by Rotarians in Australia and available to all Rotary Clubs in Australia.
As an independent national organisation of Rotarian businesses and professional leaders, RAWCS is a provider of humanitarian services that helps build goodwill and peace in the world. RAWCS, being a Multi District Activity which is approved by Rotary International, it coordinates the activities of Project Volunteers like FAIM & Safe Water Save Lives (SWSV) Volunteers, Project Funding, Donations in Kind (DIK) and Rotarians Against Malaria (RAM).
The purpose of RAWCS is to foster activities within international service through which Rotarians conduct projects to improve lives and meet human needs, and thus promote international understanding and goodwill by means of material, technical, and professional assistance. We will work to achieve beneficial outcomes in such areas as:
- HEALTH CARE : Projects which will improve and enhance the health and lives of people of the world in projects related to preventable and controllable diseases and health issues.
- DISASTER RELIEF : Providing rapid response relief to those people and Communities involved in large scale disasters, using techniques such the worldwide network of Rotary clubs
- HUNGER : Be actively involved in helping people become self-sufficient in food and preventing food waste