The next Presidents' Meeting & AWARDS PRESENTATION
will be held on
SATURDAY, 21 MAY 2016 at
HORNSBY RSL CLUB, 4 HIGH STREET, HORNSBY 2077
7.30am FOR AN 8.00am start
RSVP Monday 16 MAY 2016
Register at presidentsmeeting.rotarydistrict9685.org.au
Email apologies to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you thinking of an elusive project that you want to turn into a registered project?
- Would you like to get a grant to support your project?
- Do you want to know more about Rotary Australia Benevolent society (RABS)?
- Want to learn how to make a difference to the teenage mothers in our own community?
- Do you have a project for the indigenous community, and turn this into a RABS project?
- Want to learn about woman's empowerment?
- Hear how one club made a difference to one of its own member and his family.
- And much more............
I am pleased to advise that the Foundation exchange rate for May is 1.30 . That is $1.30 Australian equaling US$1.00. Previously it was $1.40 in March and $1.35 in April and while not a huge improvement it is still a considerable assistance to helping us raise our Rotary Foundation targets which are all in US$s.
Clubs and Rotarians, May is now the ideal month to contribute to The Rotary Foundation. Paul Harris Fellow and Paul Harris Society payments are now A$1,300 . Centurions are always in A$100.
Please be remind we are chasing a target of $450,000 this year, remembering that we will get back 50% of this automatically in 2018-19 and when we add in the Foundation matches in Global Grants, more than likely we will get back over 100% ! That way, we can fund and ever increasing number of District and Global Grants for our clubs !
As you know we are asking clubs to contribute an average of US$3,000 this year which is now A$3,900. Rotary recommends that clubs give 15% of the club's fund raising, and so I think this average would be less that 15% of what most clubs would raise in a year. But for those clubs that can't make this target , fortunately this can be balanced out by a number of clubs that give a very generous donation to the Foundation each year. So thank you to all clubs that support our Foundation large and small! Last year we had all but two of our 74 clubs support the Foundation, and this year we are hoping for 100%!
Your Club Foundation Chair has all the appropriate forms and information.and thank you again for your support of The Rotary Foundation.
Tony Castley, District Foundation Chair