- Only one in three Australians have joined the Australian Organ Donor Register, even though 81% believe registration of donation decisions is important (Woolcott Research 2015)
- 91% of families agree to donation proceeding where the deceased was a registered organ donor. This drops to just 52% where the deceased was not registered and the family had no prior knowledge.
- 1,500 +Australians are today waiting for a life-saving or life-transforming transplant.
- Registration of your donation decision leaves your family in no doubt and, in doing so, provides comfort that they are upholding your decision.
- In DonateLife Week (31 July – 7 August) we are asking all Australians, “What are you waiting for? Join the Australian Organ Donor Register online today!”
- For more information contact Marilyn Mercer PDG. Rotary District 9685, Organ and Tissue Donor Liaison and Australian Transplant Games LOC Member 0416 026 848 firstname.lastname@example.org
The Epping Club, 45-47 Rawson Street, Epping
Monday 28 November 2016
6.30pm – 10pm
The Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI) has two more courses organised for the first quarter of 2016-2017. RLI is of great benefit to all Rotarians regardless of years of service, and in fact "senior" Rotarian participation is encouraged as their knowledge and experience is invaluable during the workshops.
The course is run over three days at the District 9685 office in Sefton Road, Thornleigh.
The day starts at 8:30 am and finishes around 3:45 pm; morning tea and lunch are supplied.
The course dates are:
Course 35: has been cancelled
Course 36: 20 August, 17 September, and 1 October- all Saturdays LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE - REGISTER TODAY
If you wish to register for one of these courses, please register on-line at rli.rotarydistrict9685.org.au. You will receive a confirmation email and further details on the venue.
If you need any further information, please contact RLI Convenor PDG Ian Scott email@example.com.